We are seeking an Electro/Mechanical Technician to become a part of TEXAS TISSUE CONVERTING LLC’S team!
Responsibilities and Duties May Include but is not limited to:
- Safely operate highly technical paper converting machinery to run quality tissue and paper products.
- Operate equipment through computer panel board and mechanical equipment that may include cutting, wrapping, palletizing and conveyor type equipment to perform various tasks which include roll diameters and lengths, perforation lengths, and cutting functions as it relates to precision paper converting.
- Train and assist in operation of console and controls of paper converting equipment
- Perform troubleshooting quality checks on product and wrapping at various critical points in process
- Assist with equipment set up, changeovers, adjustments and operation of console
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures
- Move materials to and from storage or production areas, by using fork trucks with forks and other attachments as needed.
- Maintain product levels using mechanical, electrical and electronic knowledge to successfully complete necessary action in and effective manner.
- Maintain safe work environment through continuous housekeeping.
- Bi Lingual preferred
- 2-4 years previous experience in manufacturing, mechanical, electronics, PLC and HMI.
- Interface professionally with associates and management.
- Electronics Engineering Technology or Mechatronic Technician degrees preferred
What type environment can I expect to work in?
- This is an indoor non-climate-controlled Manufacturing facility.
- On the manufacturing floor, PPE always required on (Safety Glasses, and Steel Toe Shoes)
- This is an active safety and learning environment for all employees.
- Bends, stoops, twists, turns, stands or walks, will climb up and down stairs, needs to reach, pull, and push materials with both arms/hands needing about 20 lbs. of force, hand dexterity/finger movement to operate machinery, may pack items weighing 6-20 lbs.
Work Schedule/Pay Rate
- Monday Sunday – 12 Hour Rotating Shifts – 3 Days on/ 2 Days Off/ 2 Days On/ 3 Days off.
- All employees will be required to be available to work 12 hours a day in case of call outs or other business-related needs. Specific shift not guarantee, it will be based on business needs.
- Visit us at www.texastissue.com to learn more about who we are!
Location – We are located in North Houston Area
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test